Just a Few Reasons to Buy My Book
August 2, 2013 Leave a comment
So my book The Man in the Box has been selected to go to the Kentucky Book Fair. That makes me pretty excited, and also eager for all of you to pick up a copy. Here are a few reasons why I think you should get it here on Amazon or wherever else books are sold.
1. First and foremost, it’d help establish my career as an author and better prepare our home and future for a child. We’re getting closer and closer to getting approved by the state, so any help and support will be greatly appreciated.
2. The themes are universal. Every man will relate to the protagonist Robbie and every woman will relate to his wife.
3. Dinosaurs, monster centipedes, giant panthers, and more (really).
4. Every parent can identify with the pain of seeing their kids grow up and apart from you.
5. Anyone who’s ever wished they could revert back to their childhood fantasies will absolutely find Robbie’s world exciting, thrilling, and enjoyable.
6. If you like intense, gripping books that dabbles a little bit in fantasy worlds (more akin to Jurassic Park than Battle Star Galactica), then this book is for you.
Please consider purchasing a copy of The Man in the Box, and help make it a big seller. To my knowledge, I’ve only met one person who wrote the reviews on Amazon, so no one is biased, nor was anyone paid to review it.
A head’s up before you dive into it, though. There are a few editorial mistakes that made it into the book, which I fully accept as my own fault. (It’s my first book, show me a little grace.) I’m more than ready to push for a second, fresher edition, but this edition’s got to sell first.
So buy it, read it, and spread the word by sharing it with friends and family, reviewing it on Amazon, BN.com, Goodreads, etc. I’m glad that it’s been selected to appear in the Kentucky Book Fair, but I’d like to see it go higher, with your help. (And if you want to go above and beyond, call your local Barnes and Noble repeatedly and keep requesting that they carry it in their store.)
Also, consider liking it on Facebook for updates on my future projects. Here are what some people have said about The Man in the Box:
“This was a heart-stopping suspense adventure like I haven’t read in a long time.”
-Cherese Vines, author and blogger
“… Toy’s debut novel will leave readers talking and will make them instant fans of his storytelling abilities.”
-Nicole McManus, reviewer and blogger
“The suspense had me on the edge of my seat with worry about how everyone was going to get out of this, heart thumping out of control the whole time, except for that one minute where it almost stopped.”
-Danielle E. Shipley, author and blogger
“I was not disappointed—I finished it in a day. I had a hard time putting it down … There is more universality here. Robbie comes close to being an archetypal figure. He is Everyman, and his box is everyone’s “box.”’
-Ken Stewart, blogger
“Be prepared for the peaks and valleys of adventure, fantasy, real life, and war.”
-Sam Williamson, Founding Director, Beliefsoftheheart.com
Read the full reviews here.